10 Reasons Why You Should Visit the Dali Museum
The Salvador Dali Museum in St. Petersburg, Florida is the largest museum in the United States devoted entirely to Salvador Dali. There you can see permanent exhibitions of his paintings, drawings and sculptures. It is definitely worth visiting if you are interested in art. The museum also serve as a research center, library and archive for all things related to the artist.
The Dali Museum has been fully renovated in 2011, so if you have never visited it before, now is your chance!
1) You will get pleasure by simply looking at his paintings. For anyone who is even slightly interested in art, this is a huge plus.
2) His paintings and sculptures are very unusual and surreal. It is definitely worth it to go inside and see the details of Dali’s art, because you will be left in complete awe.
3) You can also take pictures for free! Although many museums don’t allow taking pictures, the one in St. Petersburg does it for free and you can use the flash as well!
4) At The Dali Museum, there are special exhibits each month. Each exhibit features a different artist, art movement or other aspect of the arts. Additionally, there is always a new temporary exhibition on display during your visit. You will definitely be able to see something new.
5) The Dali Museum is located in the beautiful city of St. Petersburg, Florida. There are many things to see and do near the museum, so you can plan your visit for more than just one day.
6) The building itself is absolutely amazing! The structure was designed by world famous architect Yann Weymouth and has a very modern and colorful design.
7) The Dali Museum is the only place outside of Spain that you can enjoy his works of art all year long! All other museums in the world with Salvador Dali’s paintings close during parts or most of the summer, but the one located in Florida is always open for your convenience.
8) There is a beautiful garden located right behind the museum. It has an incredible view of the water and it is great for catching your breath after you finish exploring all of his paintings and sculptures.
9) Parking at the Dali Museum is free! You can easily find parking in one of two lots directly across from the museum, or get lucky and find free on the street.
10) It is the perfect place to visit if you are traveling with kids! There are always so many exciting things to see, so your children will be fully entertained while you enjoy Salvador Dali’s art. Plus, it is located in a beautiful city so after visiting the museum, you can take them to the beach or even plan a day at one of the nearby amusement parks.
So what are you waiting for? If you have never been to The Dali Museum, now is your chance! You will be able to learn more about the artist and his art as well as enjoy some relaxation time in Florida. It is definitely an experience you don’t want to miss!
If you need a St Pete Yacht Charter give us a call.