(1) on the legal aid situation in Greece
- The AIRE Centre and ECRE (European Council on Refugees and Exiles) have published a report on the legal aid situation and recommendations for legal aid organizations working in Greece. With Greece – Recommendations for refugee protection, July 2016.
(2) on living conditions and administrative procedure in Greek refugee camps
- Blog on the situation on Chios, in particular in the official hotspot camp
- Human Rights Watch has published a report on living conditions in Greek Hotspots. Greece: Refugee “Hotspots” Unsafe, Unsanitary, May 2016.
- gisti (groupe d’information et de soutien des immigré.e.s) has published a report on its fact-finding mission to the hotspots in Lesbos and Chios (publication in French): Accord UE-Turquie, la grande imposture, July 2016; english summary available here
(3) on the hotspot approach
- Nora Markard and Helene Heuser have published a study on possibilities and limits of “hotspots” in conformity with human rights law (publication in German). Möglichkeiten und Grenzen einer menschenrechtskonformen Ausgestaltung von sogenannten „Hotspots“ an den europäischen Außengrenzen, April 2016.
(4) on (il)legality of the EU Turkey Agreement
- Study by Reinhard Marx for ProAsyl on the consideration of Turkey as safe third country (publication in German). Rechtsgutachten zur unionsrechtlichen Zulässigkeit des Plans der Staats- und Regierungschefs der Europäischen Union, die Türkei als „sicherer Drittstaat“ zu behandeln, March 2016.
- Steve Peers has published the main text of the EU Turkey deal together with comments in his article The final EU/turkey refugee deal: a legal assessment, March 2016.
- Daniel Thym has argued Why the EU-Turkey Deal is Legal and a Step in the Right Direction, March 2016.
- Henri Labayle and Philippe de Bruycker have written an article on The EU-Turkey Agreement on migration and asylum: False pretences or a fool’s bargain?, April 2016.